Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or Treat!

I remember one year when my kids were little and it snowed Halloween week. When we went to dentist appointments, there was a jack-o-lantern and a snowman on the porch of the house next to Dr. Keller's office. Luckily, this year was NOT one of those cold years! In fact, this was the warmest Halloween I remember in the 33 Halloweens I have experienced in Idaho. We didn't even need sweaters as Glen and I went trick-or-treating with Joanne & Brad and their family. Travis and Stephanie came, too, so the three little girls were well chaperoned.

Halloween morning, Carlin told me that if I dressed up as a cowgirl I wouldn't even have to sew to make my costume. I decided to surprise the girls and took Carlin's advice. I borrowed Glen's cowboy boots and spurs and pretended they were "cowgirl" boots & cowgirl spurs. I borrowed his chaps, tied a red girl's bandanna around my neck and pretended the cowboy hat I wore was a "cowgirl" hat--and my stick horse was well behaved all evening! Who says Halloween is just for kids! There were even some houses that gave this here cowgirl some candy!
With creative Mommies, our grandbabies had some pretty awesome costumes. Kaida was a cowgirl, Cole a pirate, Ashtyn was Princess Belle (Grandma Goodman sewed her gorgeous dress). Carlin was a bat with awesome wings, Shelby was a beautiful and colorful butterfly. Sammi was "Jack-Jack" from the Incredibles and she fit the part perfectly with her hair spiked on top of her head and her bright smile. Everyone had a great time and I am sure the older kids are already thinking about what they'll be next year--I know I am!

1 comment:

  1. Cute costume. Carlin had a good idea. :) My kids were mad that I didn't dress up as a ballerina like they wanted me to, so I'm sure Carlin was probably thrilled that you took her suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete