Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So much to be thankful for!



Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and a time when we consciously count the blessings we often take for granted. Sometimes, when we are experiencing challenges in our lives, another challenge we face is recognizing all that we do have to be thankful for. So, amidst the challenges we are facing at the moment, I do have many things in my life that I am so grateful for.


To start with, I have an amazing husband who works so hard on the farm and has been such a great companion for nearly 32 years. He has been so patient with me the past few years and supported me as I have tried to regain my faith in God and fight this monster called depression that lives inside of me. He never pushes or demands, he simply waits quietly for me to take one step at a time and move forward. I never would have made it this far without his loving concern and support.
Next I have five amazing kids as well as two wonderful son-in-laws and two beautiful daughter-in-laws that have brought so much into our family by simply being the people that they are. My kids are some of my closest friends and I appreciate them so much for the people that they are and for the lives they have chosen to lead.









Third are "Grandma's Angel Babies", as I sing to my six beautiful grandchildren. They bring such light and hope into my soul that I cannot even put into words the depth of gratitude I feel for having them in my life. Their personalities are so diverse and each one brings such a spirit of love into our family.






No comments:

Post a Comment