Sunday, August 14, 2011

Putting some "Spark" into My Life

On Wednesday, August 10, 2011, our family increased in size by one 6 year old border collie who has been named "Sparky". I found him at the Meridian Valley Humane Society and waited a week for someone to claim him before I was able to bring him home.  He is a beautiful, somewhat well-mannered boy and he is adjusting quite well to farm life. Currently, he has to be tied up when he isn't with someone because our road is not dog-friendly and I don't know how familiar he is with roads but he is a good sport about it.  He loves to run out in the hay fields with Glen's dog Joey. Last night we took the dogs for a walk up through the middle of the farm and Sparky discovered the irrigation ditches--he loved the water and was a muddy, wet, smelly dog by the time we got back but he was extremely content. His fur is matted up from neglect so I am working on getting that cleaned up and may still have to take the clippers to him to get it all off.  He sits patiently while I tug and pull and brush--like I said, he is a good sport.
Sparky is filling the void left when we lost Aussie last month at the ripe old age of 17. She lived a good life and I am sure Tracy is taking good care of her and Suki for me!